Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Butterflies

Well, it will be some time before we see the real thing here!  We just got another 16 inches of snow on Monday.  At least we think that is how much we got, with the blowing wind all day, it is hard to tell!

So, I made this card using the Bleach Technique to bring a little spring to the air.
I stamped the image from Northwoods Rubber Stamps with Versamark and then embossed with clear embossing powder.  Then, using an old paint brush, I applied bleach to the petals of the flowers.  I stamped the image again using Versamark (just the butterfly portion) and embossed in black.  This time I stamped it on paper I had painted with Twinkling H2O's so it has some glimmer to it.  Then I cut the butterfly out and glued it over the original image.

Not being done playing with this stamp, I also created this card:
For this one, I heat embossed the same image in black.  I created the big butterfly using the same method and also made the smaller butterfly using a stamp set from Stampendous!  I popped the wings by cutting a piece of clear stiff plastic from packaging of a Cuttlebug folder and creasing it in the center.  I glued it to the back of the butterflies.  When dry, I glued it to the card front.  These fold flat for mailing, but pop up when removed from the envelope!

Thanks for peeking at this one!  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment