Sunday, November 16, 2014

I am still here!

I realize it has been a long time since I posted anything new, so decided that it is about time.  So much has happened since I last posted, and it seems like I have lost an entire year.

But, I never quit making cards!  I even have all of my Christmas cards done and ready to go into the mail right after Thanksgiving.  I will not be showing them on my blog until after Christmas so that I don't spoil it for anyone.  This year I made them all the same.

Here are some of the other cards I have been making though:

This one was done for group swap.  The theme was "Music".  I had the background paper, and I decided to make a tent card.  I muted the background behind the Beatles by putting an overlay of vellum on it.  I fussy cut around the band and they are on an accordion folded base so they stand out from the background.  The tea bag medallion was made using the inside of an envelope that I stained with Distress Ink to colorize it. 

 
 
This card was made for a friend using a rubber stamp from Northwoods Rubber Stamps. It is colored using Twinkling H2O's.  I just love using them and the sparkle that they add.  I also enjoy this stamp.

 
 
The next 2 are cards I made to thank our Realtor for all of the hard work she has done for us the past 11 months.  I colored the background using Distress Inks, stamped the images in black and added some tea bag medallions.  I am quite pleased with the way they turned out and hope she likes them.


 
This card is my first attempt at Zentangle.  The rooster is a digital stamp.  After doodling him in, I fussy cut him out and then popped him up off the page with adhesive dots to give the card some depth.

 
Sorry to have been away for so long...I hope to find more time to post after the holidays.
 
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment