Thursday, November 18, 2010

Punch and Spellbinder Storage

I thought I would share today the way I store my punches.  These are the Martha Stewart punches as well as some of the smaller shape punches.  I do not have a lot of these (yet) but here is what I have done.  Go to the dollar stores and find the cafe rods.  These can be purchased for under $3.00 generally.  Put them on your wall and rest you punches on them.  I have mine in order with the corner punch on one and the matching border punch below it.  This works great for me.

I also took my punches and made a guide for what they look like.  I cut strips of card stock at 1", 1.25", and 1.5" and punched both sides.  Then I attached them to another sheet of card stock.  I make my own "lace" for my cards this way.  I have the sheets hung next to my punches and store my ribbon underneath them.  If I want to see what a piece of ribbon would look like run down the middle, it is easy to hold it up to it and see.



I also took all my fancy cutting edge scissors out of the shoebox I kept them in and put cup hooks in the bottom of the shelf above the punches.  I hang the scissors from them.  I can easily grab the pair I want and find that I use them more now that they are out in the open.  Some day when I have nothing better to do(LOL - in an different lifetime), I will punch the different edges they cut the same way I did with the punches, but for now I have a guide that the Fiskars paper edgers had with them.




Also, here is how I store my Spellbinders.  The magnet sheet is what they use to make the magnetic signs for cars.  If you can find a sign shop in your area, you can probably buy a piece from them.  I stapled it to the back of my craft room door and put my Spellbinder dies on it.  I took a metallic marker and wrote what the die is next to it.  I am going to go back and put how many are in each set as well so I make sure I have them all rounded up when I put things away.  The smaller ones are so easy to get lost in stacks of paper when working on projects.
Don't tell my husband, but my dream is to cover the entire door - BOTH sides!  I have told Santa that I have been as good as can be expected, so maybe that will help...

5 comments:

  1. Excellent ideas that you've shared! (If I can get my room tidied up I'm going to follow some of your suggestions.) Thanks for posting them.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your organizational ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Patti, You have been a busy gal... I think you should fill up both sides of your door too...and I hope that Santa does help you with this... LOL.. I love what you have done... The cards below are great too... and congrats on the buck... you go girl... that is great.. nothing like it...

    Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving... and now for Christmas... I am starting to get ready for that one... all the kids are coming in... and the house will be filled!!!!

    Talk soon.. Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great storage ideas in this post! I am trying to reach you by email to ask for permission to use one of the images in this post. You may reach me at: judynolan@aol.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete