Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Saving Thanksgiving

Over at Paper Issues, they are attempting to "save Thanksgiving".  I totally agree that Christmas is rushed right past Thanksgiving.  I have so many things to be thankful for - God, family, friends, my health, and the creativity I have been blessed with to make cards.

Speaking of cards, here is one I made for fall.  I used the pumpkin cut and emboss from Cuttlebug, and a Martha Stewart punch for the top edge.  I painted paper with H2O's before cutting the pumpkin.  The leaves are from Spellbinders Sunflowers 2, and the rubber stamp is Inkadinkadoo.

I also used some pressed leaves and A Tim Holtz stamp to make this card.

And here is a Thanksgiving card made using the Spellbinders scalloped circles.  I had an abundance of "googly" eyes left over from a past project, so was able to use them on this cute little turkey.

I hope everyone is enjoying your day - Happy Fall y'all!




3 comments:

  1. Eeekkkk!!!
    How awesome is that turkey!!! The scallops are perfect!!!
    I think you may have found a Martha punch I didn't have!!! I need that one...fabulous cards!!! The colors are beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing your creations with us at Paper Issues!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you do the card with the 3 mice? It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 3 mice card is a simple pop-up card. The 3 mice I found on the internet when I did Google image search for Christmas. Sorry, but I don't remember exactly where I found them.

    Thank you for your kind comments.
    BTW, the MS border punch is a punch around the page lattice edge I think...

    ReplyDelete